Friday, October 30, 2009

Everyday Pics

I realize my last post (and previous ones) might leave people thinking Japan is a really beautiful place and there is a 'lack of ordinary' that characterizes my everyday experience here. I don't want to leave that impression so I'm gonna try harder to take pictures of everyday things as well - things I more or less take for granted but are interesting in their own right. Here's a few pics I took lately:

My apartment on the 8th floor.

I've been learning how to cook! I actually just watched my friend Jay cook this one but I think I could do it on my own. Pork, veggies and chinese noodles - I'll find out the name later - famous in the Phillipines but I think originally from China. This meal was delicious!

Where I load the bus most mornings.


A typical bus ride to and from school.

Here comes my bus!

My desk. This is a large room shared by all the teachers and for me its probably the worst spot in the entire room. The sink you can see at the top right is used by the teachers for gargling, brushing teeth, washing, spitting and other things throughout the day that I'm used to being done in the bathroom. It can get real nasty.

No comments: