Monday, November 17, 2008

Fall Pictures

This was taken in early Autumn, sometime in September. I ride by these rice paddies everyday on my way to one of my schools, Ni-chuu.

Near the same rice paddies, taken last week. I heard that farmers plant wheat to grow after the rice is harvested. I think the dark green rice crops in the picture above might have been where the light green strip of plants are in the background of this picture.

This is a neighborhood near where I live in Iizuka. It looks pretty typical of most of the hoods near my apartment.

Someone's front yard near my apartment.

Iizuka Station, a "Japan Rail" station 2 minutes walking from my apartment. I think these taxis stay in the same spot almost all day as the cabbies wait for passengers.


Namazuta station, a Japan Rail station 3 stops north from Iizuka station. I get off here to go to one of my schools, a 10 minute walk from the station.


The train departing northbound from Namazuta station.

A gas station in Fukuoka City. Do they have this nozzle set up in the states?

A one-car train in a neighboring prefecture called Saga. The one-car trains I've seen tend to be "local trains," stopping at every platform along their route; the "express trains" are much bigger and skip over the less populated stops.

The Colonel, in his proper gi (ghee). This was taken in Kitakyushu, one of the biggest cities in the prefecture (though not as big as Fukuoka City).

This building I found so ugly I had to capture it. In Iizuka, along my bike route to Shonai, one of my schools.

A typical police bike in Iizuka.

Taken a few days ago in the morning on my way to school. These rice and wheat fields are across the narrow road from which I took the first two pictures.



.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i wonder if dad ever saw the japanese colonel.

Paul Meuse said...

Totally, maybe riding around in a pink Honda convertible?