Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What I am up to for the next seven months


Hello Everyone! This summer I was hired by a company called One World Language Services (OWLS) to teach English to junior high school boys and girls attending public schools in a place called Iizuka City, Japan. I will be working as an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT), or aide to the regular Japanese English teachers at four different junior high schools in the Iizuka area. I will work at one school for two weeks at a time, and then rotate schools until I am back at the first school. Iizuka is a medium-sized town located in Fukuoka prefecture, on the southern island of Kyushu in Japan. The town is located in a semi-rural area of Japan, and is the largest city among the surrounding cities in the area. If you want to know more about Iizuka, you can look here. I you want to know more about OWLS you can check out their website here. I start my first day of teaching tomorrow, so wish me luck!

7 comments:

2HealthyMinds said...

Sounds like a good experience Paul. Keep blogging to keep us updated.

fyretyger said...

Paul-san e,

Tnaks for the email about where you found your job. I'll be looking into it when get a chance. Everyone in Archives wishes you the best of luck. So...

Ganbatte Kudasai, Paul-san!!!

jironsba yori

Unknown said...

Hey bro, that sounds amazing, good hearing from you and good luck in japan

Mike D.
LBC

Trike Tyler said...

Hey paul! That's so cool. wow, i miss you already!!! life is kinda crazy right now....

bkguad said...

Dear Paul

this is Benjamin from Australia. I'm currently working for OWLs in a senior high school in Tagawa. also started this month. my email benjkearney@yahoo.co.uk

just thought id get in contact.

cheers

ben

Kiry Nelsen said...

Hey Paul!
I've been reading your blog and it sounds like you've been having a pretty good time in Japan. Keep posting so that some of us have something to do while sitting at our 9-5s.
Best wishes,
Kiry

Unknown said...

How is it working for OWLS by the way? I worked for NOVA... I wasn't thrilled with it but it got me over to Japan so I can't complain. If I ever go back over again to teach, maybe I should look into OWLS. Would you recommend them or should I stick with JET?